Thursday 11 December 2014

Naughty treats!

On the way home from work today Sophie and I popped into Beckworth Emporium to have a look at their Christmas decorations. I bought some bird food, a jar of goose fat for the roast potatoes on Christmas Day and two little decorations - one for the tree, a little Father Christmas which Sophie promptly named Jeffrey and a small tealight holder in the Scandanavian style.

We watched the ice-skaters and I treated Sophie to a hot chocolate in their lovely cafe. I told her to choose a slice of cake to share and she came back and said she'd opted for a slice of Victoria sponge cake...well! It was the biggest slice of cake I've ever seen!!




As it was quite late in the day I can only assume they were trying to get rid of it! We gamely tackled it, but it defeated us in the end!

Before leaving for home we had a look around the food bit and I resisted buying wine and chocolates!

No comments: