Friday 26 December 2014

A very relaxed Boxing Day!

Early this morning, before we had breakfast, we called into work to make sure everything was OK and I put a load of food down for the birds as it was a bitterly cold and overcast day. Very different to yesterday when we had blue skies and sunshine!

When we got home we decided to go out for a quick walk and went the same route as Christmas Eve, down the track to the Nature Reserve and back again. There were quite a few walkers about and we kept seeing a little robin all the way back. It must have been a different bird, but it was lovely to see! The fields were a mixture of sombre greys and browns and so different from the other day when the sky was a brilliant blue.

When we arrived home I made some breakfast and a cup of coffee and from then on we did very little which was lovely. I watched television in our bedroom for a while and kept falling asleep (I have a nasty tickly little cough as well) and then went downstairs to make a cup of tea which I laced with some whisky. Keith and I watched the traditional horse racing and then I went back upstairs to lie with Sophie and watch some more TV. We wrapped ourselves up in blankets and Keith shouted up to us as it had started snowing!

As I write, it's still snowing but not settling that much as we had heavy rain beforehand. I really hope I don't get called into work tomorrow to clear away the snow in the car park!

No comments: