Monday 22 December 2014

Sad days...

The journey into work this morning was so much easier than it normally is! No traffic and the travel time cut in half because the schools are on holiday!

We were quiet-ish at work, but opening on a Monday is a bonus anyway so we were grateful for anything we got today! I elected to go to the bank this morning and then Booker to pick up our turkey crown, which was a big mistake...

As our bank is situated in a large shopping centre, it sometimes makes it a bit difficult at busy times and this morning, trying to get parked was an absolute nightmare. We made one circuit of the whole car park and then I said to Keith that he'd need to take over the driving while I ran inside as I was rapidly running out of time to get to Booker and then get back to work to do the wages.

If things weren't bad enough, the queue in the bank was horrendous and I resigned myself to a long wait. Luckily, Keith appeared as he'd found a space and then went off to his own bank, which was empty!

I waited 30 minutes to be served and then we rushed off to Booker to get some stuff for work and to pick up our bird. The wholesaler wasn't too busy, thank goodness so I was able to get back to work and take over the payroll from Mum who'd started it for me. Phew!

Sophie and I managed to get away at 4pm and went home where Keith was languishing in the bath, still feeling awful with his cold. As we were watching a funny episode of "Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em" the phone rang and it was my Mum to tell me that my Uncle Alan had died. To say it was a shock was an understatement as he hadn't been ill. He'd died of a heart attack and I felt so sorry for his wife, my Aunt Pat.

After I put down the phone to my Mum I went onto the internet and discovered the terrible news about a bin lorry in Glasgow going out of control and killing six people. What a terrible, terrible thing to happen so close to Christmas. It just brought it home to me that we should all make the most of every day and live life to the full.

No comments: