Tuesday 11 November 2014

Posting pains!

Today has been busy at work and, as usual on a Tuesday, catching up with paperwork in the office. I printed out my menus for Friday night and also a copy of my car insurance certificate to take home. I put them in a folder, gathered up all the post and the day's newspaper and left work a bit early.

I generally post the mail in the same mail box and as we use franked mail, we deposit our post in a large locked box. When I got home, nice and early, I realised I hadn't got the folder containing the menus and the insurance certificate, or the newspaper...

I could only imagine that I'd posted the folder with the mail so, in a bit of a panic, I told Keith who agreed to drive back with me to see if there was a number I could call listed on the post box. When we got back to the box, there was a number but if course it was a national number and I knew I didn't stand a chance of getting through to someone who could help. Sitting and waiting for the postman to come and empty the box just wasn't an option so I resigned myself to going home and trying to call from there.

On the way home Keith suggested we go back to work to check the office and imagine my embarrassment (and relief!) to see the folder sitting on my desk! Hooray!

We drove thankfully home in the gloom where I sat and relaxed for the rest of the evening!

No comments: