Thursday 13 November 2014

Serious events...

We had another terrible journey into work and school this morning as our usual route was blocked by an accident. As we turned onto the road that leads to the school I could see a flashing blue light in the distance coming from the village. On our road I could see all the cars stopped and within a few minutes a huge fire engine sped past. The cars coming the other way advised me to turn around, which we did, and I fervently hoped that nobody had been seriously hurt in the accident.

I dropped Mikey off in the middle of the village, much to his disgust, but there was no way I was going anywhere near the school this morning!

Dad and I had a meeting with the new buyers in the afternoon and it was a little bit tense as they asked for a contribution towards the building's "dilapidations". This really only comes into effect if we were to leave the building empty, but we said that there was no way we could lower the asking price and I honestly believe that they were only asking to see if we would say yes. The two men we had the meeting with have to report back to a committee of Trustees and I suppose they have to follow procedure. The meeting went well, though, and we are getting closer to a completion date, which was good news!

Sophie was off on a driving lesson and then she'd been dropped off at a friend's house as they had to go into school to collect all their photographs from the exams, many of which had been displayed on the school walls. They all got back to work at about 4.30pm and Sophie was carrying a huge folder of pictures. She was determined to put a lot of them up in the house so I suppose we'll have to find room on our walls now!

No comments: