Monday 3 November 2014

Squeezing in a walk...

Things were a little tense at work this morning as we hadn't had as good a half-term as we'd expected and we had a large VAT payment due today...I really will be glad when we've sold the business and I don't have to worry about money so much!

I made an attempt at cleaning our carpets by the seating area as they were very dirty and then popped home to get Sophie as she had an eye test booked with Boots Opticians. Her eyes were fine and we did mention the funny thing that happened with her vision earlier in the year, but the Optician said that her eyes were very healthy. Her prescription had changed, though, so she needed glasses for distance. I wasn't expecting this at all so it was a bit of a shock when we were told to choose a new pair of glasses! The Optician tried to sell us a special finish to help with the blue light emitted from tablets and laptops, but that was £70! As I have a lot on this month, I said a firm no!

I parted with over £60 for the eye test and the glasses and we went back to work in a very grumpy mood. The plan had been to go to the gym but Sophie had forgotten her phone (again!) so we went home and managed to squeeze in a walk over the fields before it got dark. I was going to walk without a coat, but I was glad I'd changed my mind as the wind was very cold indeed!

It was a beautiful evening, though with the sky a gorgeous pearly blue and gold on the horizon where the sun had already set. The bare trees looked lovely outlined against the sky.

Back home we had an evening of Desperate Housewives so it was a very relaxing end to a busy day!

No comments: