Thursday 6 November 2014

First frost!

This morning we awoke to the first frost of the Autumn and the temperature was 3c, unbelievable when you think it was 23c last Friday!

Mum and dad took an extra day off this week, so Sophie and Keith came in to work with me again today. We had a fairly quiet day and managed to get away at about 3.30pm. I was planning to cook Jerk Chicken Pasta, a dish I'm planning for my Come Dine With Me meal next Friday. I'd bought the ingredients in Tesco today and Keith had marinated the chicken breasts in the Jerk sauce when he got home.

We had a bit of a scare this evening as we thought our boiler had packed up. Keith kept trying to get it to fire but it would get going for a very short time and then stop, meaning we had no heating or hot water. No heating I can manage, but we need hot water desperately! Luckily, he persevered and managed to get it working again but an engineer is coming out on Saturday to have a look. Phew! We don't really need the expense of a new boiler at the moment!

I made my pasta dish and it was delicious, although there are a few tweaks I'll make on the night. Keith commented that the lime juice was a bit strong and I'm going to cook more chicken and less pasta. The kids loved it though, and there wasn't much left over...always a good sign!


No comments: