Tuesday 25 November 2014

Taking a little time out...

Today hasn't been the nicest of days with some worries over the impending sale and horrible, grey gloomy weather.

In the afternoon Sophie and I managed to escape the stress for a little while as I had to go out and buy some furry slippers and bunny ears for the forthcoming Come Dine With Me evening on Saturday. We went to the local shopping centre where I changed some money into euros and then had a look in Tesco for some big furry slippers.

As there were none to be had we went to Riverside where we tried Brantano (nothing) and then Next who came up trumps with a lovely pair that will be very cosy to wear around the house after next Saturday evening. It would have been rude not to leave the store without going to Costa so I treated Sophie to a Creamy Cooler and a cake while I had a cup of tea.

From Riverside we drove to the costume hire shop where I bought a headband with ears. Now my outfit is complete and I'll just need Sophie to draw some whiskers on my face when I get ready!

We went back to work for half an hour and then drove home where I packed my clothes into a small cabin bag and made sure everything was ready for our departure tomorrow. Mikey and Keith were out for the evening (cadets and football) so Sophie and I had a very relaxing evening watching Desperate Housewives. A nice end to a somewhat stressful day!

No comments: