Monday 10 November 2014

Moany Monday...

Today I have been in a grumpy mood, and I have no idea why! I really didn't want to be at work today and when I went home to get Sophie, I said I didn't want to go to the gym either! This didn't go down well with my daughter who was all ready to go, but I just couldn't face getting back in the car and battling back through the busy traffic to Riverside. It would have been far better if Keith had driven her back to work for me, but of course, that didn't happen!

However, it dawned on me that this Friday is my turn for hosting the Come Dine With Me evening and I wasn't at all prepared! I was going to cook stuffed prawns as a starter but I decided they were too fiddly (life's too short to stuff a prawn) so I decided to cook Coconut Prawns instead. I will practise them on Wednesday night.

I logged onto the Tesco.com website and ordered all my food, plus a bottle of white rum to make Mojitos. I also ordered four bottles of the Californian Barefoot wine, which I'm hoping will complement the food perfectly. I also devised my menu:


"An Evening in the Keys"


To start - Coconut Shrimp...from the restaurant "The Hogfish Grill"

For the main course - Jerk Chicken Pasta...as eaten at Bahama Breeze

Finished off with - Key Lime Pie...enjoyed at The Island Fish Co


I'm hoping it will be a success!

No comments: