Tuesday 18 November 2014

Costume headaches!

I haven't been too busy at work today so I wrote a list of personal things I needed to do over the next couple of weeks. I booked my car in for a service, booked an airport hotel for Sophie and me for next Wednesday evening at Luton and then went in search of a Disney Princess costume for Fiona's Come Dine With me on Saturday 29 November.

Call me a cheapskate, but I really didn't fancy buying a costume for around £30-£40 that I will never wear again so I had real difficulty! Plus, I'm not an average size so that made it even more difficult to find the right dress to wear! By the evening I'd had enough and resorted to emailing my three friends to ask if we could possibly change the theme... However, Andrea had already sorted out her Snow White outfit so it was back to the drawing board! Lynda was also having a problem so Fiona very kindly agreed to widen the theme to Disney characters in general even though she, too, was finding it difficult to find a suitable costume! And it was her idea!

As I was sitting next to Keith, who was wearing his cuddly grey onesie, I had an idea...I could go as Thumper from Bambi! All I needed was a pair of white slippers and some rabbit ears and hey presto! My costume! Problem solved!


No comments: