Saturday 14 September 2013

We get the chop!

This morning Sophie and I had a long overdue appointment with the hairdresser and we came out quite shorn. I do think that as I'm in my mid-forties my hair should start being a bit shorter so I wasn't too worried, but Sophie kept fretting about the length of her hair even though I could barely see a difference!

Just after we arrived home, and as I was immersing myself in the Saturday supplements, the phone rang and it was work asking if Sophie could go in and help out as someone had phoned in sick. To say that she was angry was the understatement of the year! It also meant that my plans had to be put on hold as well as we had talked of going to the gym for a swim and doing some shopping.

I drove her into work and went back home to catch up with some housework - it was far too wet to do any gardening. I spent the rest of the afternoon researching my family tree which is proving very frustrating at the moment! Sometimes I feel like screaming and throwing my laptop out of the window!

After work I suggested to Sophie that we go and take some sunset photos so we drove off to the Draughton road and tried to capture the glorious sky and landscape. We drove to Maidwell and then backtracked to Brixworth and Pitsford while the sky slowly turned a vivid pink. I will post the pics on here when I upload them, but my camera certainly didn't do justice to Nature!

No comments: