Sunday 15 September 2013

Soggy Sunday!

I hate wet Sundays and today the weather has been terrible - wet and windy with grey skies all day. After dropping Sophie off at work (she has started her new hours now) we drove to one of the retail parks in Northampton to look at a new bed for Mikey. I wanted one with storage as I thought it would be useful for a lot of his stuff to be hidden away. We found a double bed in a new shop called Paul Simon and within an hour we had ordered the bed and a new headboard. Now I'll need to go and buy a new duvet and bedding but hopefully this should last him for quite a while!

Back at home we watched the rain fall and I tried to summon up the enthusiasm for housework- I failed! As it was so chilly, Keith put the fire on in the living room which made it lovely and cosy...I suppose Sundays like this are meant for reading the newspapers and curling up on the sofa. I tried not to feel guilty!


No comments: