Thursday 5 September 2013

Back to school!

Today started off with the most beautiful of mornings. It was misty and as I drove to work there were shafts of sunlight between the trees. In the distance the church spires could just be seen through the mist and I really wished I could have taken the day off and photographed the countryside.

As the weather was so gorgeous we were very quiet at work, and today was the first day back at school for our two. It felt strange to have so much traffic on the road and the quiet streets are definitely a thing of the past!

After work Keith and I popped to Tesco to get something for dinner and then we called into the pub on the way home. I took the very narrow single lane road to get to the village and met a huge lorry which took up the entire road. This was followed by no less than three cars who were stuck behind him, then came a coach, another car and a woman walking two dogs who seemed determined to block my way as well. I was a gibbering wreck by the time we reached the pub and I had half a pint of San Miguel to calm my nerves! As it was such a warm and sunny evening I let myself dream I really was in Spain!

No comments: