Sunday 22 September 2013

Start of Autumn

This morning for breakfast I made Gordon Ramsey's porridge! I bought all the ingredients yesterday and followed the recipe exactly. It turned out to be delicious - full of plump raisins, whole hazelnuts and almonds with a hint of nutmeg and cinnamon. It took some time to prepare and cook, so ideal for a lazy Sunday morning and I'll definitely be making it again.

My breakfast gave me the energy to tackle the household chores and tidy up the front garden before washing the car. The weather has been beautiful for the Autumnal Equinox, perfect for sweeping up the millions of leaves that gather under the bushes in our front garden!

In the evening Mum came around for dinner as Dad was off in Eastbourne flying his model aeroplanes. We had a delicious beef casserole with dumplings followed by apple pie (which I didn't make!) - a perfect Autumnal dish!

No comments: