Wednesday 4 September 2013

Last few days of summer...

Today, as predicted, has been very warm, up to 29c this afternoon. Sophie and I decided it was far too hot to go to the gym so after work we called into Beckworth Emporium to buy some pansies for the garden and to get a pud for tea.

We spent a very pleasant hour wandering around looking at the food and buying an assortment of pansies to get the garden through the winter. I bought some tonic water to try with my vodka. I'm a huge fan of the Fevertree brand but I thought it would be fun to taste a different tonic for a change. We bought a delicious apple and raspberry pie for dessert and then headed home to make the most of the weather and sit in the garden.

Keith barbecued tonight and we sat out from 5pm enjoying the warmth of the evening. I liked the new tonic - Fentiman's I think it's called - but I still prefer Fevertree!


More weird vapour trails!

Playing with fire

Close-up of fuchsias

While we were having dinner we watched the bats wheeling about outside, flying in figures of eight. We don't think they're fruit bats...perhaps they're out catching little insects as they only appear for about 10-15 minutes.

As evenings go, it was a pretty good one!

No comments: