Saturday 7 September 2013

Research!

Today it was back to the sunshine which was a surprise as I'd thought it was going to rain all day! Keith had an early start this morning as Mikey was off to do Sports Day for the Army so had to be dropped off in town at 8.30am. Mikey woke me up before he left and apparently I said "Goodnight" to him...well, I had just woken up!

Keith did our weekly shop and then we both took Sophie to work. I had a chat with Paula, our weekend Manager, as she'd visited the new place yesterday and had a menu and party details to show me. She'd also taken a video on her phone so I was able to see what the place looked like! She'd pretended she was interested in having a party there and she's certainly braver than I would be!

On the way home, Keith and I went to find the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints as they have a Family History Centre from which I'm hoping to access some Kent Parish records. I've booked a computer there for Tuesday night and I'm really excited about finding information there that will save me a journey down to Kent. The website is already invaluable for finding information but some records can only be accessed through a Family History Centre.

We found the Church and then called into the garden centre for some compost as I have tons of pansies to plant this weekend!

I spent the afternoon preparing for my visit to the Church on Tuesday by writing down the records I need to find and having a look at some of the problems I have in my Family tree. A number of my ancestors still remain very elusive and I'm convinced a fair amount of them were travellers!

Keith went off to pick up both children in the late afternoon and I thought at one point that we were going to have a thunderstorm as we had two loud claps of thunder and a few spots of rain. Later in the evening the heavens opened and I felt for the people in the village who were out enjoying the "Groove on the Green". I hope they didn't get too wet!

No comments: