Monday 16 September 2013

The dreaded school run...

Although Mikey still gets the bus to school, we have to take Sophie every morning and pick her up in the afternoon. Their school is in a sprawling village which is still growing as there are new houses being built on the outskirts. I dread the school run every morning, and even if I'm not taking Sophie I still have to drive through the village to get to work (unless I want to sit for ages on the busy A43).

Since school has started back the traffic seems even worse than ever and we frequently become involved in gridlocks along a particular road as there are parked cars along one side so the two way traffic becomes trapped in a deadly embrace where nothing moves, and then a lot of shouting happens.

I'm beginning to think up ways of avoiding the village, even if it means taking a longer route! Sophie has started making noises about learning to drive so we have all that to contend with over the next few months!

Anyway, today has been busy and we managed to get some cleaning done before a short workout at the gym. I relished relaxation time in the spa afterwards!

No comments: