Monday 26 November 2012

Watching wildlife!

Keith and I were amused today at work when we watched one of our crows and a squirrel eye each other up over some food I'd put down. I try and feed our family of crows every day as they now appear when I drive into the car park and one of them makes a right row by calling to the other birds to "Come and get it!". I know that crows are very intelligent indeed, and I'm sure they recognise my voice when I call to them!

The squirrel was sniffing around at the food and it was obvious that the crow wasn't too happy about it, but even though he kept getting ready to fly away, he stood his ground! We also have a very persistent robin, several magpies and a family of rabbits who also live on the rough ground that borders our car park. I love that this area is left as a wilderness for birds and animals to make their home in and just hope this never changes. We have a very large roundabout near us and the land adjoining it, full of beautiful trees and bushes, is up for sale, for commerical development. I just wish I had the money to buy it and leave it as it is.

Apart from standing and watching the birds and squirrels, we've had a busy day today, cleaning all of our tube slides as they were rather dusty! After work it was back to the gym for a good workout and a short swim. I think I may sleep well tonight!

No comments: