Saturday 10 November 2012

Backwards and forwards...

Sophie took today as a holiday from work as she is off to see Russell Kane at Derngate tonight and wanted plenty of time to get ready for her evening out and to have a meal at Pizza Hut with her friend Susie before the show started.

We went off to the gym in the morning and had a workout, and we were just about to go down for a swim when my mobile rang. It was my Mum saying we had problems with staff at work and could we go in for a couple of hours to help out? Another five minutes and she wouldn't have been able to get hold of us for another hour! We didn't have time to have a shower so we just flung our clothes on and dashed off!

Neither of us was very pleased about the situation, but we went in to find that one of the party girls had gone home sick and another member of staff was on holiday as well, but had forgotten to put her name down in the diary as having the day off! Within half an hour of us being there, things had calmed down as Dad was already in and Mum came in to help as well, so we actually had double the amount of staff we needed!

Sophie and I stayed until 3pm and then we headed home so she could get herself ready. I was planning to go back to the gym as it's next to Pizza Hut and have a swim while Sophie and Susie had their meal, and then take them into Northampton.

While Sophie was titivating herself I swept up all the leaves on the driveway and had a lovely long chat with Gill next door which was great as usually we only say a quick hello as we're putting rubbish out or going to the garage. Her husband had been hard at work for most of the day jet washing the driveway and had put ours to shame!

I had a very relaxing time in the pool while Sophie and Susie were having their pizza and swam for half an hour before sitting in the steam room in an effort to ward off a cold that I can feel coming. When I emerged into the chilly night air to take the girls into Northampton I felt great and full of energy but I have a feeling this cold will get to me tomorrow!





No comments: