Saturday 17 November 2012

Leaves!

I woke up rather late this morning as I just couldn't get to sleep last night (I ended up coming to bed at 2am) so it was a bit of a groggy start to the day. I hate waking up so late at the weekend because then I feel as if I've missed out on valuable time!

Sophie was back at work today so after I dropped her off I came home, did a few household chores and then swept up all the leaves that had gathered under the bushes in the front garden. As we only have one very small tree that sheds its leaves, I did wonder where the huge mass of leaves had come from! There was enough to half-fill our wheelie bin! It was good, though, to get out in the fresh air and it wasn't too cold. I wonder if we're going to get the severe winter that's been forecast?

Before I knew it, it was time to pick up Sophie from work and head to the gym for a swim. To my delight Sophie found a book in her locker that had been left behind by someone who has joined Book Crossing, where you register a book on the site, read it and then leave it for someone else to read. You can track the book's travels on the site. Sounds a great idea to me and I'm definitely up for a free read!

No comments: