Tuesday 27 November 2012

It's all go!

Today has been another busy day, doing lots of driving about (no wonder my fuel bill is so high!). I dropped Sophie off at school this morning at 7.15am as she was off to Birmingham for a conference. It was all to do with prisons and ex-prisoners as part of her Psychology A Level and she was really looking forward to it.

I left her outside the school (in the dark, horrible!) with several of her fellow pupils, went off to get some diesel and managed to resist buying a pastry and a Costa Coffee Latte in the shop, which was quite a feat!

Keith and I had to go back and pick her up at 5.30pm and what an ordeal that was...there must have been 20 coaches picking up students from the nearby college and the traffic in the village was horrendous. Keith and I had a furious row about driving so I flounced out of the car and threw the keys at him so he could battle through the traffic on the way home!

We managed to have dinner and clear away by 7pm and then it was time to take Mikey to the Army Cadets for his first meeting. He'd been wanting to go for a while so I'd called them and found out the nearest centre which wasn't too far away. It was a huge surprise when we got there to find that a close neighbour of ours was in charge! We had no idea!

So, it was off home for a couple of hours and then back at 9.30pm to pick Mikey up. He'd had a great time and we really hope that he gets accepted into the Army Cadets as I think it will do him a lot of good. There's so much to do and get involved with and I think it will be great for him to have an interest and get out and do different things!

No comments: