Sunday 18 November 2012

Resisting the urge!

Today has been busy, but enjoyable! Keith and I went out for a walk in the morning as the weather was truly beautiful - gorgeous blue skies and bright sunshine with a frost lightly covering the ground. We just did our normal walk over the fields and it was so good to get out into the fresh air and feel the sun on our faces!

After our walk, Sophie and I went off to the gym and had a swim and a session in the spa - supremely relaxing - followed by lunch and a look at the cafe's new menu. They have listed the calories next to every choice...not sure if that's a good idea, but it does stop us ordering very naughty meals!

From the gym we drove to Beckworth Emporium as we needed some more incense sticks and we can only seem to get them there. The place was bustling as the ice-rink had been installed for the run-up to Christmas (and beyond) and the whole place was looking very festive indeed. We browsed the racks of decorations and really, you could go mad if you wanted to, as there were hundreds to choose from, with hefty price tags attached. I particularly liked the Scandanavian themed decorations and the white wooden stars that would look great on the doors, but then I thought, is it really necessary? Would our Christmas be so much better if I had wooden stars on all the doors?! I told Sophie she could pick one decoration to add to our collection but she decided on some chocolate instead!

I treated myself to a bottle of Southern French Grenache Noir red wine and with some nougat for Keith, we headed home before I could go on a made (and regrettable) spending spree!

As it was still a beautiful late afternoon I washed my car and then settled down on the sofa with Keith to read the papers. The wine I bought turned out to be delicious and I might even take a bottle to the Wine Evening with me to see what the others think!

No comments: