Thursday 8 November 2012

I am NOT going to get old!

Today Mum and I drove down to Kent to see Nan as she's now home from hospital and she was due to go and have her eyes checked at the Optician's.

However, when we arrived she said she didn't want to go as it was too much bother to get ready! Hmmm! She now has carers coming in morning and night to help her get dressed and it just made me all the more determined not to get old and dependent! If it comes to it, I will make my exit in a dramatic way - such as driving off a short pier in a very fast car, preferably with some good Scotch inside me!

We stayed until the usual time and made it through the tunnel quicker than I expected despite the huge jams that now seem to be a feature of the journey home. By 7pm I was sipping a glass of very good red Bordeaux and looking forward to beef casserole!

2 comments:

kitchen princess said...

It s sad to see old folk get that way, My older neighbour ho is 80 tells me if she loses her mind to go shoot her. She also say she onlylives for her cats, which is sad.

Janie said...

It is very sad, as up to about a year ago, my Nan was very active and despite being 93 next month she still lives alone and is still quite independent. She's still pretty sharp in her mind though!