Wednesday 14 November 2012

A very indulgent evening!

After work I headed off to the gym leaving a very grumpy Sophie behind! She was not too pleased that I was going for a workout while she had to look after two parties! Before I headed upstairs to the changing rooms I popped into the Beauty Salon to see if I could book myself in for an eyebrow shape but they were able to fit me in there and then, which was a bonus!

The therapist who did the treatment was excellent and I was there for about half an hour while she waxed, then tweezered my unruly eyebrows! Afterwards they looked a bit red but I did my workout and then went down to the pool for a quick swim. I got back to work five minutes late, much to the disapproval of Sophie!

Back home I hurriedly changed and put on some make-up as I was off out for a meal with Sue, Laura and Lynda. We'd booked a table at The Stuffed Olive in Northampton and Keith had very kindly offered to drive us there so we could all have a glass or two of wine.

We had a lovely meal, with beautifully cooked food, and for a change I went all fishy, starting with a seafood basket (prawns, mussels, calamari) and then I tried Monkfish for the first time which was delicious. We had two bottles of a very fruity red wine from Southern France, desserts of Key Lime Pie, Baklava and cheese and biscuits, so all in all, a great evening with lots of gossip!

While we were waiting for Keith to arrive we popped into a Polish supermarket and had a great time amusing ourselves by comparing huge Polish sausages...hmmm!


No comments: