Sunday 11 November 2012

Sunny Sunday...at last!

Today dawned sunny and cold - perfect for getting outside for some fresh air! I washed my filthy car in the morning which gave me the opportunity to have another long chat, this time with Sue who lives over the road. I haven't seen her for a while so we had a catch up and finalised plans for our meal out next week.

At lunchtime Soph and I headed off to the gym for a swim and it was very quiet indeed. Not only because there weren't many people about, but also because the music system was not working so the whole place had a hushed atmosphere which was certainly different to normal! We swam up and down for about 20 minutes but the cold that was brewing yesterday has taken hold and my energy levels were a bit on the low side! I sat in the steam room again, soaking up the lovely warmth and then it was time for a shower and lunch in the cafe.

Mum and I went off to an Antiques Fair in a nearby village in the afternoon and she bought a beautiful "Masons" bowl as she collects this type of pottery. There weren't that many stalls and my cold worsened while we were there so we called it a day earlier than normal and I went home to sneeze all over my poor family and sit on the sofa feeling sorry for myself!

No comments: