Friday 9 November 2012

Pure indulgence!

As it was Mum's birthday today, I went into work early to decorate her desk with balloons and banners, which she was delighted with! She opened her present from me, a gift voucher for a local Beauty Salon, so she can go and have a pamper and treat herself without feeling guilty!

All three of us went to Booker this morning to do the weekly shop as we have another sleepover at work tonight - this is the second one in a week and I just feel for Polly who has to bed down on the floor of the office! We had to get so much stuff we couldn't fit it all in Dad's car so my little A1 was roped in to help!

It hasn't all been hard work, though, as we went off to lunch at The Windhover to celebrate Mum's Birthday and we had a very good meal of beer battered cod which was cooked to perfection. It's been ages since we went out to lunch from work as generally we now have to help out, so it was a lovely treat to escape for a couple of hours.

I picked up both children from school and took them back to work so they could wish Mum a Happy Birthday, we had some gooey chocolate cake and then Keith dropped Sophie off at a friend's house while I went to the gym on my own as I really didn't want to miss another session.

Well, I had a really lovely time - I did all my weights, did 20 minutes on the crosstrainer and the treadmill and a 5 minute cool down on the bike and watched Come Dine With Me which certainly helped pass the time! The pool was a bit busy with no Slow Lane open so I had a very indulgent 10 minutes in the jacuzzi followed by a lovely shower! Bliss!

No comments: