Monday 19 November 2012

Mistaken identity!

I am known in my family for making an idiot of myself on a regular basis and today I did it again! I went to the gym alone this evening as Sophie wimped out on me for a second time. Actually, she has a really bad cold and wasn't feeling like working out so I sent her home with Mum and Dad while I went off on my own.

To be honest, I didn't feel like going, either, but that's a dangerous thought as it's so easy to make excuses and before you know it, you can get out of the habit! I did pretty well, though so I was feeling very satisfied with myself when I made my way down to the spa and saw a man who I was convinced was the son of my Dad's old boss, from about 30 years back. I'd spotted him every time I'd been just lately and I was 99% sure that it was him. If it was, we'd worked together very briefly when we were teenagers in the factory, doing a wonderful job of putting bacon on racks before it went into the ovens. My Dad used to work for one of the biggest food factories in Northampton so I was able to get a job for a couple of weeks before I went off trekking in Nepal when I was 19.

Anyway, this man looked so much like his father I plucked up the courage to ask if his Dad had worked for Telfer's and he said no! I hurriedly said sorry and fled into the darkness of the spa, feeling a bit of an idiot. I just hope he didn't think it was an innovative chat-up line!

No comments: