Thursday 12 May 2011

Wednesday 11 May - A serious case of the post holiday blues!

Yesterday at work was not nice. Polly, our stalwart Receptionist, is on holiday at the moment so mum, dad and me are doing her job, as well as our own. We were busy (which is a good thing!) but I had a severe case of the post holiday blues and would rather have been anywhere than at work...

We had horrible customers in as well. And not only were they horrible but they were stupid. One customer dared to ask for a cup of hot water, fully intending to make herself a cup of coffee with granules she'd brought in with her! The nerve!!!

I'd been at work since 7.15am as our cleaner was off for the day but when I went to let myself in I realised I didn't have one of the keys (long story...we needed a new lock on the door and mum and dad had borrowed mine to get new ones cut). I won't repeat what I said as I drove to mum and dad's house to get mine back...

Then we had a group of people who just did not want to leave at 6.30pm last night and all I wanted to do was go home...arrggggh!! On the way - when Soph and I eventually left - we fantasised about what we'd do if I'd won the Euromillions (I hadn't checked). Top of the list was not going into work today!!

I won £2.60 - I had two numbers. Not quite enough to retire yet!

No comments: