Wednesday 25 May 2011

I am way behind...

Sunday 22 May

The morning was spent catching up with chores in the house and then I took mum out in the afternoon to the garden centre. My poor dad has not been well following surgery to his leg, so she needed a break and dad was a feeling a bit better. Sophie was staying at her friend Susie's house, not far from the garden centre, so we went off, had a drink and a cake and I bought two lavender plants and a lily. The weather continues to be beautiful but very, very windy which is a shame as it's breaking all the tender new shoots on some of the plants. Several trees had toppled over in the garden centre and mum and I stood them back upright before telling a member of staff, who was not at all interested!

We picked up Sophie who'd had a great time since I dropped her off on Saturday morning. She'd been to a local village fete and then into town and had bought herself a new school bag. My daughter can shop for Britain!

We stopped for a drink and my dad looked a lot better. I do forget he's 69 this year because he really doesn't look his age but it was great to see him laughing and enjoying a glass of wine as he's been off his food for a few days.

Back home, struggling in the wind, I potted up my new plants and gave the garden a good water. We are so desperate for some good rain here!

No comments: