Monday 2 May 2011

Lazy start!

I woke up very late this morning (I'm not saying what time) - perhaps I'm still a bit jet-lagged!

The weather was still sunny and dry. The garden desperately needs some rain as the soil is like dust and the grass is starting to go brown. We had a lazy morning and then I went off to the garden centre with mum to buy some flowers to add colour. I also sought the advice of an expert because our apple tree is showing signs of some disease on the leaves and between us we came to the conclusion it was Spring mildew which can be quite serious. He recommended a spray so as soon as the wind has died down we'll spray the poor thing and try and get rid of it.

Back home, Keith put up two new brackets for some hanging baskets at the front of the house and then went off to the pub. It's Monday so nothing new there then!

No comments: