Saturday 7 May 2011

Friday 6 May - Out to Lunch!

I went into work early on Friday morning as I was under the impression that our cleaner was on holiday, so imagine my surprise when I saw her car in the car park and her hoovering away! The confusion was cleared up (she's actually off one day next week!) and I waited for mum and dad to come in before going home.

Keith and I went to look for a bed for Mikey in the morning as he's taken a dislike to his bunk bed and is sleeping on a makeshift sofa bed. We saw one in a store in Kettering in a sale but it was slightly scratched and I wanted his to be perfect so we decided to leave our search for another day. The plan was to drive to The Queen's Head in Sutton Bassett as we had just arranged to have lunch with Bruce and Hermione (I used to work with Bruce at Duncan's) there in June and it was our choice of pub!

We've been going to the pub in Sutton Bassett for years and have seen it go through different Landlords, but it's been a while since we visited. We weren't disappointed - it still had the same lovely friendly atmosphere and cosy ambiance that made it one of our favourite pubs. It was very quiet but the lady behind the bar was  friendly, Keith's beer was cold and wet and it was great to sit and chat and look out of the window at the beautiful Spring weather.

We stayed for lunch (sausage and onion baguettes with a delicious salad) and then took a slow drive home. Keith had a snooze while I watched a film on television. A very relaxing day!

No comments: