Tuesday 10 May 2011

Monday 9 May - Calamity Jane strikes again!

We had to strip the floor again at work on Monday, a job we all hate! I was the one using the buffing machine and did as I always do, attached the pad to the bottom and flicked the switch to turn it on. The pad should then spin into place and fit snugly into the grooves, but this time it didn't - it got firmly stuck. Of course, I wasn't the most popular person around and it eventually took three men (our neighbour happened to be passing by and our handyman was in) to get it removed and back in place correctly...

I was much happier when I got home in the evening and sat and watched The King's Speech which had arrived from Amazon that morning. It was a fantastic film!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Calamity Jane, that made me laugh, glad you liked the film I said it was good when we saw it
Sws

Janie said...

It was brilliant. I've been a fan of Colin Firth for ages, ever since he was in a TV drama called Dutch Girls, also with Timothy Spall!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having a rough time of it at the moment Janie,what with one thing and another and I hope your fortune changes for the best soon...

I have loved Colin Firth since he played Mr Darcey all those years ago.Ooops now I am showing my age lol...
Wendyx

Janie said...

Wendy,

Dutch Girls is even older - it came out in 1985 so I'm saying nothing!!