Wednesday 25 May 2011

Monday 23 May

I had a short, but very busy day at work on Monday. Mum and I tackled our four large tube slides as they were covered in dust and were long overdue a good clean. Giving them a wash is a difficult task as they are quite high and it means I have to climb up a ladder which isn't my favourite thing to do. By the time we were finished we were both covered in dust so it was a good job I'd taken some old clothes in. Our new main door was also being fitted today and there was sawdust and dirt everywhere. The wind was ferocious and we kept finding black bits of muck from the roof all over the carpet which was a pain!

I left at 2.30pm to give Keith a lift to the hospital in Kettering as he had an appointment with the surgeon for his hip. As we drove over the rain started and it became worse as the afternoon wore on. No sooner had I arrived back home than it was time to fetch him again as the surgeon had advised he wait six months and then come back again. Just lately he has had no pain at all from his hip so I was glad they'd decided to delay the operation as I was dreading him being out of action for six weeks or more.

When we got home I went straight into the bath and washed out all the dust and dirt from my hair! I felt a lot better afterwards! The rain and high winds continued until the early evening and then the sun came out again. The ground looked like it had barely had a drink!

After dinner I popped around to Sarah and Liam's house to help them with a couple of computer problems they had. It made for a pleasant evening and it was nice to be able to share my knowledge of the software I'd recommended to them and have a couple of glasses of red wine!

No comments: