Monday, 17 August 2026

Rain?

We are facing a week of unsettled weather, which should help a little. The threat of fires is still with us, and I'm sure Keith and I both smelled burning this afternoon when I returned from work. I had the feeling it was our next-door neighbour, Vince, using a blowtorch in his garage, which was a little shocking. We haven't even lit the candles in the house, just in case!

Work has been uneventful today, and I insisted on a short lunch break. If Sheila wants to work through, then that's up to her, but things will change when I'm working on my own! She is great but very disorganised and flits from one job to another. I can't work like that!

Keith prepared a delicious chilli con carne for dinner, and we watched an episode of World War II with Tom Hanks after we'd eaten. This episode was all about Burma and Japan, and I didn't find it as interesting as the events happening in Europe. We caught the end of University Challenge afterwards, and I was thrilled to identify a painting by Van Gogh that the students didn't get! Perhaps all that culture is finally having an effect!

No comments: