Tuesday, 11 August 2026

On my own!

I was on my own at work today as Sheila was on a day's annual leave and was visiting Skegness with a friend. I was a little nervous about working on my own, but I had a very productive day! I managed to do lots of training and worked out how to do a couple of jobs that Sheila had asked me to do. My manager, Dan, was in and out, so I wasn't completely alone. It was an enjoyable day!

Back home, it was great to look forward to my Wednesday off. It hasn't been too hot today, but the temperatures are set to climb tomorrow and on Thursday, in particular. We have an Amber heat warning coming into effect on Thursday morning, with temperatures set to rise to about 35-36c. 

Sophie and I sat and watched a very interesting documentary we'd recorded on Sky this evening before we had dinner. It was about a Norwegian woman who was trying to beat the record for climbing the fourteen highest peaks in under six months. They were all over 800 metres, and situated in Nepal, Pakistan and Tibet. It was quite a sad story, to be honest. I won't reveal what happened, but I will say one thing: perhaps humans aren't meant to be scaling these huge peaks. 

We had pate and toast for dinner; it's becoming a real chore finding meals that don't make us hot or use too much heat!

No comments: