Thursday, 27 August 2026

My head is spinning!

Unsurprisingly, I didn't have a good night's sleep and kept thinking about the accident. It hasn't been a good week for cars: I forgot to mention that on Saturday, when Sophie drove over to Daventry, she hit a rabbit. At first, she thought that she had hit it and it had run off, but when we left to go out in the afternoon, she had the shock of her life when she saw the rabbit's legs sticking out of the front grille of her car. It was a horrible sight, and because she had parked close to a wall at Becky's house, she hadn't noticed. The force of being hit had driven the rabbit right through the plastic grille at the front of her car, and it had snapped.

We had to get Keith to try and pull it out, and neither of us could look. Thankfully, he was able to get it out in one piece, but when Sophie said she wanted to bury it, we told he we couldn't as the ground was so hard.

Because Keith and I had to take Olive today, Sophie wasn't able to go to the gym. Between 6:00am and 7:00am, we sat and watched A Place in the Sun and witnessed a thunderstorm going on with some much-needed heavy rain. At work I chose a vegan sausage roll for my breakfast and kept in touch with Sophie, who said that a Seat Ibiza had been delivered as my courtesy car and the VW had been carried away on a low-loader. 


The day passed quickly, and Keith came to collect me at 4:00pm. We headed down to Riverside to see Jamie, the bathroom designer, and he kept us waiting again! We both thought he would have done the design and was going to show us how he envisioned the en-suite to look, but he hadn't even started and wanted us to choose all the fittings this evening! My head was still spinning from the events of yesterday and my job, so I said I wasn't in a position to do anything this evening and couldn't make important choices just like that! We made another appointment and fled home!

It was great having Sophie at home as she'd hoovered, made my porridge for tomorrow and was cooking chicken stroganoff for dinner. We sat and chatted over a glass of wine, and I said that I hadn't expected the courtesy car to be emblazoned with the name of the company that specialised in crash repairs. There was no hiding! I will take it to work tomorrow, but I want to use it as little as possible!

No comments: