Wednesday, 19 August 2026

A late start!

I woke up at 6:00am this morning with a horrible headache. I waved Sophie off to the gym, then went back to bed and didn't wake up again until 9:30am! I couldn't believe it! I had slept through my alarm, two texts from Sophie and a phone call!

I pootled about in the morning, and at midday, Keith and I got ready to go down to Riverside for an appointment at Wickes. We had arranged to see a bathroom designer at 2:00pm and went up to the mezzanine floor where the open office was situated. There was nobody there, but when we leaned over the balcony a few minutes later, a man on the ground floor said he would be with us shortly. I took an immediate dislike to him and wanted to walk out there and then!

Eventually, he was ready for us, but I was disinclined to speak to him! He seemed very false and kept getting my name wrong! When Keith produced the measurements he'd drawn up, the man asked for dimensions that Keith hadn't included! In the end, he said he would come out to the house on Friday, and then have a follow-up meeting with us next Thursday when I finished work. As it was all free, I decided to go along with it, but I wasn't that happy with his attitude, to be honest!

From Riverside, we drove straight to see my Mum as I had some colouring pens that she wanted. Keith stayed in the car while I sat with her for a while. She made absolutely no sense at all today, and I wondered again whether she had a urine infection.

Back home, I did the usual chores but didn't have to prepare any porridge as I'm now part of the Thursday morning Greggs breakfast club!

No comments: