Keith took me to work this morning, and as I hadn't made myself any porridge, I was weak when Amanda came up to the office and asked if I wanted to join the Thursday Greggs breakfast gang. I said I would have a sausage roll, so that's it now for Thursdays, but I will try and have something a bit healthier next time!
As forecast, it has been very hot today with temperatures hovering around 36-37c. Funnily enough, it wasn't too bad in our office, thank goodness! When I arrived home after work, the upstairs of the house was stuffy and horrible. I am so sick of this now!
I had a cold shower and got ready to go out with my friends Lynda and Fiona. Andrea had cried off as she was having problems with her car, so just the three of us met at The World's End pub in Ecton. Lynda was already waiting for us, and we all moved into the restaurant, where our table was ready.
All three of us were driving, so I ordered a Guinness Zero, Fiona tried a 1664 non-alcoholic lager, while Lynda stuck to her lime and soda. I renamed us "The Sober Society" as it was virtually unknown for us to have soft drinks with a meal! We normally have G&Ts to start, followed by at least two bottles of wine and then liqueur coffees or port! Not tonight!
The restaurant was almost empty, with a lot of people sitting outside as it was still very warm. We sat and chatted and chose our meals. I opted for the Bang Bang cauliflower to start, followed by an Asian duck salad. We have been meeting up for a meal for decades, and I was amused that we chatted about our various ailments tonight, such a difference to when we were all in our 30s and 40s and the conversation was a bit spicier!
We were too stuffed and hot to contemplate dessert, so we paid the bill (£117, so still not cheap!) and said goodbye. Lynda has a new VW, so I admired that, and then headed home, with the aircon going full blast!
When I arrived home, Sophie was outside with the cats, whom she let stay out all night. The house was stiflingly hot, and I wasn't looking forward to going to bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment