Sunday, 2 August 2026

Making plans

Today has been spent catching up with housework and preparing tonight's dinner of chicken casserole and dumplings. It's been another sunny, dry day, and I'm certainly not having any trouble getting the laundry dry at the moment!

In the afternoon, we made an effort to sort out Keith's birthday celebrations. He is celebrating a special birthday this year and insisted on going to the coast so he could have fish and chips. But it had to be the coast in this country!

Sophie and I searched and searched, and I even went all the way around the coast of England to try to find somewhere suitable! Most houses were lacking in some way, and a lot were very expensive! I tentatively explored France, but he said he wasn't going to France; he wanted somewhere on the north-east coast! We eventually settled for an inland village near Alnwick and booked for his birthday weekend. From the cottage we booked, it's about forty minutes to the sea, so not too bad!

We also, sneakily, booked a few days in Antwerp in November (just Sophie and me) and a short weekend break to France in October for the three of us. Well, you have to have something to look forward to! I have to say that the bookings of these trips coincided with a little peach vodka cocktail! Life is to be enjoyed as much as possible!

We enjoyed the chicken casserole for dinner this evening, and I made some hearty dumplings to go with the dish, as well as roast potatoes and an array of vegetables. This weekend has been immensely enjoyable, and I started to feel a bit nervous about tomorrow!

No comments: