Tuesday, 18 August 2026

A fruitful day

We have had a little rain, but certainly not enough to make a difference to our parched lawns. I drove myself to work this morning and was warned by Sophie that the A45 was closed due to an incident. Sheila also called me to warn me that the traffic was building up to the turn-off for the Weston Favell Centre, so I went a different way to avoid it.

I had an enjoyable day at work today, spending my time matching up invoices with payments we'd received. I think Sheila had left this as she wasn't too sure about how to do it, but I loved it! I felt like I had achieved something at the end of the day!

Sophie texted me when she was leaving work and said that the A45 was still closed. A woman had fallen (or more likely jumped) and had been hit by several cars, so the police were still investigating. What a terrible thing to happen. It took Sophie an hour and a half to get home, and she made the mistake of trying to get onto the A45 at the Barnes Meadow roundabout, only to find the dual carriageway still closed, and had to retrace her route. 

When she arrived home, we sat in the kitchen and chatted before preparing dinner, a disappointing meal of chicken and mushroom soup and crusty baguettes. I added some potatoes to the soup, and it was a very bland meal! Not something we will eat again!

The evening was saved by an episode of Best Medicine, and I looked forward to a day off tomorrow! Hooray!

No comments: