Monday, 10 August 2026

Big fires everywhere...

I didn't have the best night's sleep, and I had no idea why. I woke up feeling a bit mopey and wished it was Saturday morning again! Sophie didn't go to the gym, so we both sat with a coffee and watched most of an episode of the second series of Stanley Tucci in Italy. It was great that I could ease into the day like I used to!

On the way to work, I called into a Tesco fuel station shop and bought milk for our fridge so I could enjoy my Tassimo coffee. The office was hot today, and it was bliss to escape and turn on the air conditioning in the car. As I neared home, I could see a plume of smoke in the distance, and it looked like it was near Walgrave. However, appearances can be deceptive, and I learnt when I arrived home that there was a fire near Corby at a recycling plant.

I then learnt that Mike's old place of work, Kingsthorpe Golf Club, was on fire as well!


Photo from the Chronicle & Echo website


This is getting serious now, and with another heatwave this week, we have been warned that there could be more fires breaking out.

It did feel a little cooler this evening, and Sophie decided to keep the cats in overnight. We had burgers for dinner and watched an episode of Celebrity Hunted. I don't know when it was filmed, but the countryside looked as dry as it is now!

No comments: