Our Sunday morning has been taken up with housework, but there was no dinner to prepare as we had a table booked at the pub!
Sophie treated me to a real pamper this morning as well, cutting my hair and painting my toenails, bless her. She is very good to me, and I ordered a bottle of Tanqueray No. Ten Gin from Amazon as a thank you (Last night, I had finished the bottle we bought on the ferry, so it had lasted well!). Next Saturday, we're looking forward to seeing music from the Bond films at The Proms on BBC2, and I know Sophie will want to make Vespers while we watch!
We drove to the pub for our 2:00pm booking and took our seats. As we were perusing the menu, a couple came in with a small dog who was panting loudly, and asked me to move as they couldn't get past... Quite where they expected me to go, I have no idea!
The couple sat down, and I received a whiff of smelly dog and could hear the mutt constantly panting. Not really what I wanted while eating my Sunday lunch! Keith asked one of the staff if we could move, so we sat at a better table by the window and out of earshot of the panting dog!
The rest of our lunch passed very pleasantly. Keith and I ordered roast beef, while Sophie chose the chicken. We enjoyed halloumi fries and calamari to start and extra portions of pigs in blankets and cauliflower cheese. The meal was delicious and our beef moist and tender, and it went well with the bottle of Spanish Garnacha I'd ordered.
Sophie and I found room for puds: we each chose the peach and raspberry crumble served with custard. We're both looking forward to cooler days and more hearty meals! Keith paid the bill, and we returned home to do very little, although Sophie screamed at the television a couple of times when Newcastle scored and when Liverpool equalised!
| Sophie and her after-lunch cocktail! |
No comments:
Post a Comment