Thursday, 20 August 2026

Missing Mooney!

I had another productive day at work, and things are beginning to fall into place now! Sheila and I enjoyed a bacon roll for our breakfast, and the day passed quickly and pleasantly.

Sophie was working from home this morning and said that Mooney had been naughty; jumping on her chair when she vacated it and acting like Monty used to when she worked from home during covid. It was great to get home and find her already there, and I toasted some crumpets to have as an afternoon snack.

After seeing Mooney in the morning, she never saw him again during the day, but, unusually, Gomez had been asleep on her bed for most of the afternoon. We had dinner, and there was still no sign of Mooney, and he didn't appear during the evening as he usually does. Gomez was still in the house, which was a bonus, but we were both a little worried about Moonbums, as he is never far away and loves to come in for a cat yoghurt or his dinner.

By 10:00pm, we were both worried, and Sophie and I were both calling him. There was no sign of him at all. By 10:30pm, I said I was going to go to sleep, but I couldn't settle until I knew he was in. In the end, at well past 11:00pm, Sophie and I decided to drive around the estate and call for him. We drove to the field entrance just past our estate, and Sophie called him. We then drove around the estate slowly, but there was still no sign of him. 

To our utter relief, just as we were about to give up and go back into the house, he came running towards us with a little shrew in his mouth. He had obviously been hunting and had ignored all of our calls! We scooped him up and scolded him while hugging him! We were both so relieved!

No comments: