Friday, 21 August 2026

Friday rolls around again!

The last day of the working week has come around so quickly again! It seems that as soon as Monday is over, it's a downhill swoop to Friday!

I had a good day at work, and Sheila left early at 3:00pm as she had been staying later and going in early. I do hope that's not a sign of things to come for me! I was kept busy for the last hour, and it was great to be in the office on my own.

Keith went to the pub this evening, and Sophie and I opened a bottle of Chardonnay, which was delicious. We watched the last two episodes of the Charles Manson documentary on Netflix, and I have to admit to being horrified by the crimes committed. I hadn't really realised how brutal they were until now, and how senseless. To have innocent people murdered was horrific, but it was the killing of eight-and-a-half-month-pregnant Sharon Tate that really disturbed me, and I was glad that the perpetrators either died in prison or were refused parole for so long.

We had a lovely supper of chicken Kievs, asparagus, broccoli and new potatoes and turned on BBC2 after eating to watch a Proms night celebrating Miles Davis. We listened to it for a little while before turning over to BBC4 and watching Top of the Pops from 1982. As usual, I Googled the bands and was amazed to see them as they are now! For me, 1982 was a couple of years ago, so the transformation from young women and men to pensioners was unbelievable!

No comments: