Friday, 7 August 2026

Coffee? Sorted!

I was delighted to use a Tassimo coffee machine in the kitchen at work today! What a bonus! While Sheila made herself a cup of strong tea, I used the disc I'd taken in with me to make a coffee. This is more like it!

We had a very interesting and varied day today, tackling things like block bookings, invoicing, and contracts of employment. The job is certainly more interesting and varied than what I used to do, so I feel a lot happier.

We left just before 4:00pm, and I was home way before 4:30pm. It feels like I have some of my life back, as I'm not leaving until 7:30am in the morning. When Sophie arrived home, we cracked open a bottle of French white wine from near Carcassonne and indulged in some tortilla chips with a dip. We watched a very interesting episode of Fake or Fortune, which was about fifteen Lucian Freud etchings discovered in the garage of a printworks. There was no real conclusive answer, but each etching was still worth about £6,000-£8,000!

After Fake or Fortune, we watched the last Scandinavia programme with Simon Reeves. It was another eye-opener!

No comments: