Wednesday, 5 August 2026

Getting things done

Sophie was working from home today and had set up her laptop at the kitchen island. Outside, it rained heavily, but only briefly, which was disappointing. We were hoping it would set in for the day and make a difference to the garden!

I had a coffee and then tackled some overdue jobs, one of which was colouring my hair, and it really needed it! The sun over the holiday had lightened it, and lots of grey was showing through, so I couldn't wait to apply the colour and go back to a brunette!

I still felt a bit mopey about work, and I was glad I had today off to sort out a list of things I had to do. I managed to annoy Sophie while writing the blog, so she put her headphones on and listened to John Mayer! At lunchtime, we drove to Broughton and sent off three parcels; I was glad she came with me as I would have been easily confused with the different QR codes! 

Need I say that after the morning rain, the sun came out and it was another beautiful day? I had an appointment in the afternoon for an eye test and asked Keith to come with me so he could do a little shopping.

I arrived early (as usual) and had to go through a series of tests before I saw the optician. I had a photo taken of my eyes, a pressure test and a peripheral view test, all of which I passed. The optician reminded me of Sophie's ex-boyfriend, Vikesh, and was quite quirky. He pronounced everything was fine with my eyes, and that was that for another two years!

Walking back to the car was a depressing experience. I try to avoid the centre as much as I can and noticed that NatWest was now no more. How many years had we been visiting that almost every day when we had the business?

Back at home, I was delighted to find that Sophie had prepared my porridge for tomorrow, and offered to make me a sandwich for lunch. She also hoovered! I wish she could work from home every day!

No comments: