Thursday, 6 August 2026

Feeling better!

Keith dropped me off at work this morning, and I had a much better day. We tidied up the timesheets and tackled the sickness spreadsheet, so that was all done. By mid-afternoon, we had submitted everything, which was a relief. Starting when I did, right at the beginning of the month, I was thrown in at the deep end, excuse the pun! I felt a lot happier, thank goodness!

It's a novelty getting home before 4:30pm, but that may change when the large school next to us resumes in September. I remember it took me a while to get out onto the main road, but it will be better than where I used to work!

Dinner tonight was a delicious cottage pie, and I was grateful that it felt a little cooler today. However, this is short-lived, as we are due yet another heatwave next week, with temperatures set to be in the mid-30s on Wednesday and Thursday. This is turning out to be one scorcher of a summer, and outdoor attractions must be loving it! It's not so good for indoor play places or the cinema!

No comments: