Monday 20 May 2024

Traffic madness!

Unfortunately, I was answering the phone for most of today as Kathy had to take her husband to see his GP, who then sent him to the hospital. Jo was back from her holiday, so it was just the two of us manning the phones. I tried to do as many emails as I could but asked Jo if she could help me with some of the cancellation requests.

I was hugely relieved when it was 4pm and we could head home. To make my commute even worse than it already is, the road into Holcot from the A43 has been closed while they install a traffic calming system. I had no choice but to carry on along the A43 and turn left at the notorious, and very dangerous, Hannington crossroads, and I was amazed to see a long line of cars queuing from the village to turn onto the main road. Putting the diversion this way is total madness!

When Sophie told me she was leaving I hoped that the road would be open as I thought it would be open overnight, but this wasn't the case and the poor thing went down to Holcot to find the road firmly closed and other cars turning around as well.

She was in dire need of a drink when she got home, after a stressful first day back at work. She had faced multiple emails as well and it was great to sit and relax in the kitchen and all chat about our days.

We had a simple meal of fishcakes for dinner and then caught up with Masterchef. The four remaining contestants were in Singapore and some of the terms and ingredients they were using were mind-boggling! I had never heard of most of them, although one contestant did say he didn't think you could get kafir lime leaves in the UK... wrong! You certainly can!

No comments: