Monday 6 May 2024

A short shift

I began my shift at 9 am today, and since it's a Bank Holiday, we finished at 2 pm, making it a shorter day than normal. Denise and I handled 134 calls together, with the majority enquiring about our swimming session times and whether lessons were on today. Many of these enquiries could have been resolved by visiting our website, which made us feel like screaming at the callers by the end of our shift!

At 2pm, I sped home and had an hour with Sophie before she and Vikesh set off for Heathrow and their airport hotel for the night. I must confess, the afternoon was spent doing very little, but I did manage to finish my current book, which made for a very relaxing time.

I opened a bottle of red wine (Sophie was having a glass of red in the hotel restaurant) and Keith cooked cottage pie. We are not going to fall into the trap of "anything will do" this week and have planned our meals out properly. We might even go out for dinner!

No comments: