Tuesday 21 May 2024

Peugeot man strikes again!

The weather today has been wet and grey, and my commute to work via Moulton was not pleasant. Even though I'd left earlier than usual, I managed to encounter Peugeot Man, who drives at an average speed of 20 miles an hour. I followed him all the way to Moulton and through the village, so I was not happy!

It was Sara's first day back at work after being off and she came into a litany of staff woe, with one of the weekend staff leaving almost immediately. It was bedlam first thing! Kathy came in to help with some football queries we had and luckily, I was able to come off the phones and concentrate on admin work. We had numerous people in the office today so it was noisy and busy!

It rained all the way home and the road was still closed so I should imagine that's how it will stay until it re-opens on the 31st of May. Sophie and I booked our train tickets to London for tomorrow and we were both dismayed at how expensive they were travelling from Wellingborough. We opted in the end for a journey from Northampton to Euston and saved a great deal!


No comments: